3rd October 2019 :
Storm Lorenzo battered the atlantic coast bringing with it wild wind and waves.
In the midst of it Ailbhe and Ruaidhri were calm in the eye of the storm.
As a documentary photographer I was so excited and inspired to capture their beautiful bravery
as they celebrated their magical day.
The warmth of their family offered a poetic contrast to the wild elements of mother nature outside.
The occasion echoed the sentiments in Shakespeare’s Sonnet 116; and in my memory was symbolic
of the triumph of true romance over unexpected adversity.
“Love is not loveWilliam Shakespeare
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove.
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark
That looks on tempests and is never shaken”
A Dream Country Wedding of Ailbhe Garrihy & Ruaidhri Hehir in the middle of Storm Lorenzo
From our very first meeting, Olga was simply amazing. She understood instantly the type of wedding we were planning, the vibe we were going for and style the photos we wanted.
After that, we let her work her magic in the knowledge that we were in the best hands and we couldn’t have been happier. Our pictures were everything we wanted and more.
Olga is a true professional and a joy to work with.
Thank you Olga!
The Dublin PR guru was every inch the beautiful bride as she married long-term boyfriend Ruaidhri Hehir in a two-day affair in Co Clare.
Our wedding was a very relaxed affair, just how we wanted it. It was a very stormy October day thanks to Storm Lorenzo so Gregans Castle Hotel provided the perfect cosy escape for us and our guests.
When Ailbhe & Ruaidhri went venue hunting they immediately fell in love with Gregan’s Castle and booked it. It was only after that they realised that their full wedding party wouldn’t fit , they decided that they would have a day 2 in Hotel Doolin and keep day 1 for immediate family and closest friends.
” Soaking up every second of these few days with my favourite people “.
“Hoping Lorenzo doesn’t hit too hard, but they don’t call it the Wild Atlantic Way for nothing.”
We met on a night out in Doolin Co. Clare- Ruaidhri was best friends with my cousin Jody- so he introduced us!
Ailbhe was joined by her famous sisters, 2FM’s Doireann Garrihy and former Fair City star Aoibhin Garrihy, for the perfect autumn wedding. Plus best friend Serena stunned as bridesmaids, wearing sage colour skirts with an Aran style jumper on top.
They also wore matching outfits for the second day, looking radiant as ever in white floral dresses.
- Photographer: Olga Mrs Redhead
Second shooter day 1 : Eimantas Greitmantas
- Videographer: Bigday.ie
- Ceremony: Church of the Holy Rosary Doolin Co. Clare
- Reception : Gregans Castle Hotel
- Hotel Doolin (Day 2)
- Bridesmaids dresses/Groomsmen suits/Wedding party outfits: Bridesmaids- Ekotree Knitwear and Folkster, Groomsmen- Patrick Bourke Menswear
- Shoes: New Look & Patrick Bourke
- Accessories: Jewellery- Emma by Jane
- Flowers: West Clare Flowers
- Cake: 2210 Patisserie
- Cars: Jonathon Normoyle, Private Drive Chauffeur
- Wedding Favours: n/a
- Stationery: Invites by Jen
- Makeup: Michelle Field Makeup
- Hair: Norma Jean O Reilly, The Room
- Wedding Rings: Appleby Jewellers
- Ceremony/Reception Music: Ann Kirrane (vocal), Tina Mulrooney (harp), Roisin Hehir (flute), Maurice Culligan (piano reception)
- Band/DJ: Davies Brothers and Spring Break
- Planning/Styling: Grace Events
- Rentals/Decor: Grace Events
Recent wedding shots : GALLERY
Visit My Website: MrsRedhead
Check out my Blog: Full wedding stories
Like Me On Facebook : MrsRedhead Fanpage
Look 4 Me on Instagram : mrsredhead
My Pinterest : wedding-photography-by-mrsredhead
All rights reserved.